How to Re-Set the Brother Multi-Function Printer MFC-8950DW
These instructions are for repair of a Brother Multi-Function Printer MFC-8950DW printer-copier-fax machine. A similar process may fix other Brother machines.
Are you getting a “Toner Low” message when you’re pretty sure that it’s not actually low?
After you install a new toner cartridge, it is a good practice to re-set the Brother Multi-Function Printer MFC-8950DW printer-copier-fax machine. If you don’t re-set the printer, under certain conditions (such as using recycled toner cartridges, which not only help save our environment but cost a small fraction of Brother-branded supplies) the printer won’t recognize that a new cartridge has been installed. The printer may display an “Toner Low” error message on the printer’s control panel and on your computer screen.
Re-set the printer:
1. Open the access door on the front of the printer (the door that you would open to replace toner or drum kit.) You will leave the door open until you complete this procedure.
2. Press “1” on the printer keypad. The “Reset Menu” will display.
3. Select either “3) Toner-Standard” or “4) Toner-High” depending on the rated print capacity of the new toner cartridge. (On the packaging, was it called “regular” or “high-capacity?”)
After you select the toner cartridge capacity, the screen will display “Reset?” and buttons labelled “Yes” and “No.”
4. Select “Yes.” Then the screen will display “Accepted.”
5. Now close the access door on the front of the printer.
6. You will hear the printer making its start-up sounds.
7. Done. The “Toner Low” error message will be gone.